Tuesday, December 22, 2009

New Year - Set a Writing Goal

Writers go years thinking about writing however, never really sit down and put that great idea to paper. Setting a goal in writing is important. You should have an end point in writing whether finishing the book to sending out the query.

I know the old saying of any procrasinating writer, "Writing is difficult to "fit in" everyday life." As a mother, I too, sometimes wonder if I wasn't writing in my free time, I could be relaxing or spending more time with the kids. However, I just couldn't see myself stopping something I love to do - write. If one loves to write, the logically next step is to find time to write no matter the circumstance.

In addition, writing for yourself is wonderful, however, getting published should be a goal. I remember the first time I saw my name in print. I cried and danced around the room holding my article like a little girl who just got ribbon in a local beauty pageant. Although it wasn't the national publication, it was a beginning to my lifestyle as a writer. I still don't really consider myself a writer, even with the consistant writing work. My goal is still to be published, just in more ways. I will become a real writer, when I gain my ultimate goal of being able to put the title "Writer" on my tax forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment